MOLAJ CONSULTANTS, the oldest existing town planning firm in Nigeria, celebrated her 40th year anniversary in July 2019. The climax of the series of events during the celebration was a roundtable panel discussion on Sustainability of Consultancy Firms in Nigeria beyond the Founders: Challenges and Strategies. The outcome of the roundtable discussion was released to the public immediately after the celebration.
To advance the outcome of the anniversary which was to contribute to the sustainability of consultancy practice generally while focusing on Nigeria in particular, Molaj Consultants is advancing the frontier of the roundtable discussion through the publication of a professional text book as a major contribution to existing literature on professional practice.
This call for papers is a request for manuscripts from all disciplines to explore and provide insights on the nature of consultancy practices. These disciplines shall include but not limited to: The Built Environment – Architecture, Building, Estate Management, Quantity Surveying, Land Surveying and Geomatics, Urban and Regional Planning, Landscape, Engineering, Education, Management, Human Resources, Accounting, Banking, Insurance, Medicine, Pharmacy and other areas of consultancy practice, Manuscript may focus on presenting a case study.
PROPOSED BOOK CHAPTERS
Proposed book chapters include the following among others:
- The Concept Of Professionalism and Consultancy Practice.
- Global Nature of Consultancy Practice.
- Consultancy Practice in Nigeria.
- Models Types of Consultancy Practice.
- Basic Requirements of Consultancy Practice.
- Corporate Governance and Consultancy Practice.
- Human Resources, Soft, Hard and Green Skills in Consultancy Practice.
- Partnership and Consultancy
- Niche Service and Marketing
- Project Management and Consultancy
- Management and Infrastructure Requirements.
- Staff Loyalty, Retention and Succession.
- Multidisciplinary and Co-production in Consultancy.
- Technology and Innovation in Consultancy
- Post Founder’s Sustainability.
- Challenges and Prospects of Consultancy Practice in Nigeria
- Consultancy and Professional Ethics.
- Consultancy and the Peculiarities of National Jurisdiction.
- Consultancy and the Global Best Practices.
- Manuscript should not be more than 20 pages or not more than 7000 words in Times New Roman 12-point type face with double-line spacing.
- Paper should basically have clear sections adopting the following structure: Title, introduction, importance /relevance of topic, literature review, challenges, recommendations/suggestions, and references:
- Author(s) should specify their name(s), contact organisation, email address and telephone number.
- Manuscript submission should be through e-mail to: email@example.com
- Manuscript Submission Deadline: 30th June, 2020
- Notification of Reviewers Comments if any: 20th July, 2020
- Submission of Revised Manuscript: 10th August, 2020
- Notification of Editorial Team Final Decision: 20th August, 2020
- & #8212 Public Presentation of Book: 8th October, 2020
Tpl. (Prof.) ‘Leke Oduwaye University of Lagos 08069674266
Tpl. (Dr.) Haruna Jimoh University of Lagos 08036665758
Human Settlement Planning and Development Experts 15B, Plot 8, Niyi Adeyeye Street. Off Channels Television Avenue,OPIC, Estate, Isheri, Lagos Megacity, Nigeria.